Roya and Jimmy are joined by their spouses for a special peak at the married side of the optometry life. You’ll hear some great tips on marketing, SEO and SEM as well as some funny stories about significant others.
Dr. William To, a pediatric eye doctor in San Jose, CA better known online as #TheTravelingOD, joins Jimmy and Roya to talk about the intricacies of digital marketing.
Jimmy and Roya talk with Chris Tracewell, a marketing expert and owner of Morse Coding, about the basics of marketing your practice. They discuss how to get started with marketing, what types of advertising you should do and how to tackle social media.
In this episode Roya and Jimmy go in depth with dry eye expert Dr. Scott Schachter about how to best approach dry eye and some of the different treatment options for the condition. They also discuss recent studies that reveal some interesting facts about those who struggle with dry eye.
- Dr. Schachter’s Website: dryeyecoach.com
Jimmy and Roya discuss a few aspects of maintaining your OD license including the landscape for CE options. They also interview Valley Contax vice president Josh Adams and get an update on their recent Residency Summit. You’ll also hear some fun banter about gas light drivers and spirit animals.
Josh Adams, vice president of Valley Contax
Special guest Sheila Morrison OD, Chief of the Contact and Cornea Clinic at University of Houston College of Optometry, joins the podcast to give her insight on scleral lenses.
What machines do you love in your practice, which ones do you want and which ones do you loathe? Those are the questions in this episode along with a quick review of what was happening at Optometry’s Meeting this year in Denver.
- Revenue Potential with LipiFlow and LipiScan ROI Calculator: https://www.beye.com/calculators/lipiflow-and-lipiscan
Jimmy and Roya give their thoughts on dealing with bad patient reviews and some unique patient situations. They also talk about amniotic membranes, rosacea and patient mental health.
Topical/Oral Azithromycin vs. Doxycycline Outcomes
- Topical Azithromycin and Oral Doxycycline Therapy of Meibomian Gland Dysfunction: A Comparative Clinical and Spectroscopic Pilot Study, Cornea. 2013 Jan; 32(1): 44-53. Website: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4138220/
- Oral azithromycin versus doxycycline in meibomian gland dysfunction: a randomised double-masked open-label clinical trial. Br Jour Ophthal. 2015;99:199-204. Website: https://bjo.bmj.com/content/99/2/199.citation-tools
- n−3 Fatty Acid Supplementation for the Treatment of Dry Eye Disease. N Engl J Med 2018; 378:1681-1690. Website: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1709691
Find a Therapist:
- This tool allows you to find a therapist for patient based on insurance, therapist specialty and location. www.Psychologytoday.com
Physician Rating Websites: A Trend Worth Watching?: Insight MG. Website: https://insightmg.com/physician-rating-websites-a-trend-worth-watching/
Does Yelp Matter? http://snugdata.com/does-yelp-matter/
How Yelping Doctors Is Improving Americans’ Health Care: http://fortune.com/2017/04/23/health-care-yelp-zocdoc-healthgrades-doctor-reviews/
In this episode our hosts, James Deom OD and Roya Habibi OD, introduce themselves, talk about their backgrounds and where they’ll be heading with this podcast series. You’ll also hear some funny anecdotes about bad breath and optometric naysayers.