Stephanie Parrish, OD joins the podcast to give her insight on infant eyecare. Dr. Parrish is a national award recipient for the Dr. W. David Sullins Jr. InfantSEE Award and has performed hundreds of eye exams for infants under one year of age. She shares some of her exam lane tips and how to reach and treat this important patient segment.
In industry news Jimmy and Roya discuss new 0.38% Loteprednol Gel, the advantages of physical activity when it comes to glaucoma and new myopia guidline tools.
- Dr. Parrish’s Website: https://www.stapleseyeclinic.com
- Brien Holden Vision Institute Tools
- Myopia Calculator: https://www.brienholdenvision.org
- Myopia Guidelines: https://www.brienholdenvision.org/translational-resesarch/myopia/myopia-guidelines.html
- 0.38% Loteprednol Gel: https://www.jcrsjournal.org/article/S0886-3350(18)30593-5/abstract
- Dr. W. David Sullins, Jr. InfantSEE Award: http://www.aoafoundation.org/infantsee/sullins-infantsee-award/
- Physical Activity and Glaucoma: https://journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/Abstract/publishahead/Physical_Activity,_Cardiorespiratory_Fitness,_and.96863.aspx
- OKN Strips App: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/okn-strips/id496001751